A microwave stand is furniture that a microwave oven is placed on. The microwave oven has become an essential part of the modern kitchen and office as it is used daily for warming up food or heating up liquids in less time. The modern day household and offices place importance on the kitchen set up or pantry and design because it is the first place to go during the morning rush and also place where families and friends gather up and talk over quick meals. The microwave stand is one of the many fixtures in the kitchen that organizes utensils such as plates, mugs, stirrers and even condiments used together with the microwave oven.
Basic Designs of Microwave Stand
The microwave stand has also evolved into many designs to meet the demands of the working class people.
- Microwave stand with hutch. This design is best for very easy access to daily favorite cups, plates, books, condiments, or anything you want to have within reach while using the microwave oven. This design gives a space for the microwave oven, layers of open storage for your favorite things. Because it is an open storage, anything is displayed and can be seen easily. Other electronic kitchen equipment such as coffee maker can also be placed in the hutch.
- Microwave stand with storage. This kind of design has an ample space for other things that you might want to hide in plain sight as it is built in with a cabinet, pull out drawers and sometimes, microwave oven compartment. It is a closed storage design so it gives you the advantage of a clutter-free kitchen and keeps your things from being exposed to dust easily. You can have it made customized to your ideal vision. There are big storage cabinets and compact storage. You can either choose large furniture or the smaller one depending on your need and most importantly the available space in your house or office.
- Microwave stand with storage and hutch. This design is a combination of the previous two designs. Usually the hutch is place on top or beside the cabinets. This is best used when you want to incorporate functionality, convenience and storage all together in this furniture. Bigger sizes can accommodate more equipment and things to place within it but will look more compact and space-saving compared to the other types.
Guidelines in choosing a microwave stand:
- Size. Choose the dimensions that will fit according to space available where you intend to place the stand. Plan in advance how and where you place your furniture. This will save you a lot of time and money when you know how big or small do you need to complete your kitchen set.
- Color Theme. Choose a color to match the color theme of the kitchen to give a perfect ambience of harmony or place miniature plants to give it calming and artistic effect. If you can’t find what you really want in any online or shopping stores, have it built custom fit to achieve your ideal vision of the furniture.
- Design. If you are the type who wants to show to the world your artistic side, you may want to get the hutch. But if you are the type who is more private, then having the storage design is best for you. And if you are the balanced type, you can play with mix and match designs that will truly express your personality.
- Placing. Aside from the kitchen, you can place your microwave stand inside your bedroom so you can have a midnight snack right then and there without going to the kitchen. It is being done in big fancy hotels where the microwave stand and kitchen cabinets are place beside the fridge.
Whatever type of furniture you choose, make sure you have carefully planned the layout of your house or office. If possible include in your planning future rearrangement of things to consider the mobility of the furniture such as having closet organizer. Choose only the best design and brand that fits your requirements and most importantly, your budget.